Matt and I discussed who would go get the ball. He had no shoes on and I had on flip-flops. We decided that he would go get the ball. He leapt over the wall between the two yards and came down hard on his right foot in a hole. The yard next door was in complete disarray and he missed a pile of glass by two feet, and some other obstacles by about 3 feet. I knew my husband was injured and was so reminded by my wonderful sister-in-law, but I was not unable to help him. Why? I was laughing. When I get hurt bad, but not critically, I laugh. It is not a good reaction when someone else is hurt. I felt so bad!
I put myself together and got some shoes on. Then I crawled over the wall in fear of getting us both hurt. I helped him hobble to a point where we could safely climb back over the wall. We made it back to the patio. I got him an ice pack, a drink, and a seat. Stephen (Super Man) was there to support his dad!
So thankful for my very compassionate son who made up for my ineffectiveness in this situation.
Matt's ankle was so bad he could barely bear weight on his ankle. I felt so bad for him. It is not fun to be unable to walk and feel helpless. I made him get a wheelchair as we travelled. I knew he wouldn't be able to walk the whole way, plus with two kids and carry-ons it was going to be hard for me to help him. So, he relented . . .
About 3-4 days later . . .
I have never seen toes so bruised and swollen. It took him a month to truly get back on his feet. He truly is a Super Dad. And I am sorry for laughing sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment