Saturday, June 19, 2010

California - Like Family

Matt being deployed has been very stressful on our family. The separation has forced our family to grow in ways I never expected. During this time, I have gotten to know John and Debby Laurie. They have been willing to come help us each time Matt has been gone. Each time we are together it is like we have never been apart. I am so thankful for them, their friendship, and the relationship that we have formed. God works in wonderful ways!

People ask who John and Debby are in relation to me. It is always funny the looks I get when I explain who they are: Matt's parents best friends who Matt has known forever. There is always a conversation that ensues about how wonderful they are. Instead of the above explanation, I now say they are Matt's godparents. With that the explanation is done and understanding is there: not parents, but second parents. I tease John that he is the "Godfather!" and Debby that she is the "fairy godmother."

When we were in California we were able to spend some very special time with them. Here are some pictures of the kids playing with Aunt Debby and Uncle John.
A wonderful friend, mother, grandmother, and great example of a Godly woman!

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.