Friday, June 18, 2010

California - Birthday Party


Marjie waited to officially celebrate her 60th birthday until the whole family was together. Debby Laurie graciously hosted the shindig the day before she left for vacation. Brave soul! Matt and I decided to cook the main meal for the family. Amberley and Andy took care of the appetizers. Best appetizer I have ever tasted, hands-down.

Debby took care of decorating and setting everything up. The house looked beautiful! Thank you Debby for all of your hard work. That includes helping clean up the dishes.
I forgot to get a picture of the final meal on my camera, but did get the asparagus before they went into the oven. The asparagus was accompanied by steak with two sauces and Jacquie's potato casserole.
The kids helped Gramma open her present. Then spent some time inspecting Gramma's present to ensure if made the grade.
Happy Birthday Gramma! I think all of the kids would do it all over again! Great reason to get dressed up, spend time with family, and play!
Sisters and their big brother! Marjie's siblings were able to come to the party. It is always fun to see the aunts and uncle. Aunt Marilyn we missed you!
This summer we get to celebrate two big birthdays - my dad's 65th and Mary's 30th! Can't wait to cook up a yummy meal for them when they visit Alaska! We will party until the sun goes down!

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.