The first stop was at the hockey exhibit. We watched some kids shoot the puck, then we got started . . .
Stephen and Matt headed up to shoot. Stephen was glad to have the help. He showed daddy and Uncle Andy how to shoot the puck appropriately.
Eleanor also had to take some shots, but of course my Little Miss Independent didn't need any help!
Then Stephen wanted to learn how to guard the goal. He got suited up with helmet and gloves . . .
Took his position in front of the goal . . .
"Where did the puck go?"
I decided to forego the hockey experience. Instead, I got into the competition to see how fast we could pitch the baseball. Matt and Andy were definitely way better than me. It was still fun to have the challenge.Emily spent most of the time having a great ride in her stroller. Here she is imitating her best pitch. I think she was happy with the throw!
There was a cool exhibit with the balls going into the hole. I don't know the name of the exhibit, but it is always so cool. Andy and I got into seeing the balls go in perfect circles around, and around, and around until they finally dropped. The girls stayed and watched for quite a while and even got into the action.
Abby and Eleanor couldn't decide if they should become train engineers or little girls playing dress up! I think they look way cuter as little girls!
I was kinda worried that the exhibits may not be appropriate for Eleanor based on her age. There was tons of stuff for her. Definitely age appropriate for a 2 year old or a 32 year old! The slides and things to crawl through were her favorites!
Stephen is amazing to me! He really got into the exhibits. He spent most of the time with dad and Grandpa. They spent time explaining exhibits to him, the why's and how's, and helped him to complete some of the tasks. It was so much fun seeing Stephen being so inquisitive and interested in learning.
Matt definitely made an impression at the museum! The kids were impressed that he actually laid down on the bed of nails.
While at the museum, Eleanor explored a variety of different professions that she could pursue . . .
Zamboni driver . . .
Model . . .
Or Radiologist . . .
We had a great day at the museum. The rain allowed us to do something we all enjoyed and spend the day together. Sometimes the best laid plans . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment