January 2010 -
- I asked Eleanor what color the light was as we were sitting at a red light. She didn't respond with an answer. When I asked what color it was when it changed colors to green, she promptly responded, "Go!"
- Stephen was very excited when some yummy cookies arrived at our house from some nice girls down the street. When he asked what kind of cookie they were, we told him Girl Scout cookies. He was super excited to try some "brussel sprout" cookies! Matt and I had a huge laugh over that one.
- Eleanor can now count to 4!
- Stephen asked me one day, "Mom what does 2+7 make?" I was dumfounded. I didn't know how to respond. So I said, "I don't know." Thankfully, Stephen helped me out, "9!."
- Eleanor calls Stephen, "ba-ba." When you asked her what Stephen's name was, she always responded "ba-ba!" In April she started to call him "My Stephen."
- Stephen got to start staying up late! We would let him stay in his room after going to bed to read for about 20 minutes. He sure felt like a big boy!
- Denali was out one day! I at first called it Mt. McKinley, and Stephen told me that it was Denali. I tried to explain the two names for the mountain. I normally call it Denali, but Mt. McKinley came out. Stephen asked me what I called the mountain. I told him, "Denali." He responded, "I call it what you call it."
February 2010 -
- Stephen wrote his first thank you note. When did he start writing? It is like overnight he started to write letters. My little boy is getting so big.
- Eleanor counted to 10! She hasn't done it much since, but 1-10 came out!
- We saw our first mosquito of the year.
- Eleanor got admitted to the hospital for croup. What an experience for all of us! Plus many sleepless night.
- Stephen has such a kind heart! The kids frequently have a snack in the car on the way to daycare. One morning I forgot their snack, but Stephen had some leftovers from the previous day. He told me he wished he had more Cheerios. When asked why, he told me "so I can share with Eleanor." I agreed that I wish he had more.
No comments:
Post a Comment