I was baptized as an infant, and after I became a Christian I thought that was enough. As my walk with Christ has continued, I have felt the need to affirm my faith and belief in Christ through baptism. Our church recently had a baptism in the glacial waters of the Eagle River. I decided that it was time to be baptized.
I told Stephen about it a couple of days prior to the event. I explained what a baptism was and the meaning of baptism. The day of the baptism, I asked him what we were going to be doing. He responded, "Going to a baptism because mommy loves Jesus." He stood next to Matt the whole time. He was the most behaved little boy in the world that day.
The water was definitely cold, I mean frigid. It took my breath away, as you can see by my face.
"I can do this. It's not going to be that bad."
"Oh boy, this is cold."
"No, this is frigid!"
What a wonderful feeling! I am so thankful that the Lord provided this opportunity to me. There were so many people there to support me. What a wonderful church community. Here are my biggest supporters:
(Thanks Barb McIntyre for the awesome sweater!
She looks beautiful in it!)
1 comment:
You are pretty brave there, Lauren. I don't know if I could go through with it in temps that low. I was in the South Pacific for my baptism- I'm sure I would have argued how cold that was, too! ha.
A good day, indeed :)
Post a Comment