The post is untitled because I couldn't pick the best one for the post!
1. Happy Feet - as in the movie! Stephen's new favorite. We started it two nights ago and finished tonight. He has been a music lover since the beginning and sat on the couch and watched most of the movie and bee-bopped his way around the couch. It was so darling to watch. Then after the movie Michelle and I watched him put on a show for us during the credits that included dancing up and down the front hall.
2. Day off - after a busy week, it was nice to wake up knowing I have four days off!!! That is all that needs to be said!
3. Clothes that don't fit - I've reached the awkward stage in pregnacy that every woman dreads: your regular clothes just fit, shirts aren't long enough, but pregnancy clothes are tents! It is the worst phase ever. I have made it to 20 weeks though, which was my goal. So I can't complain too much, and my regular pants still fit, shirts don't though.
4. The wolf's - at the zoo that is, both us and the animals. The three of us went to the zoo today and had a blast. Stephen was relatively quite the whole journey. When we got the the wolf exhibit, I asked him if he could say "wolf." He then proceded to say dada the whole time we were at the exhibit. It was so cute. The wolves probably weren't that happy though because it woke them from their slumber. Still cute none the less.
5. Roar - the sound that every animal makes in this house. Bears and lions for sure, but recently sheep, horses, moose, birds - they all say ROAR!! Stephen does a mighty roar.
6. Worth $100 - I finally ordered blinds for my funny shaped windows in the guest room after sleeping in there for a week in the Alaska summer (note the sun sets at midnight and rises by 4 am). The ugly Academy comforters are sufficing until the blinds come in. But at JC Penny there was a good sale and a rebate. It took forever to find the rebate today and I was thinking it can't be that good. Sure enough it was worth $100. Then I decided that it was worth it.
7. Nap time - best activity of my day off! Plus I got to share it with my son. We got off to a late nap because of our trips and waiting for the rebate form. But well worth the wait and even better he still went to bed on time.
8. Morning chat - the best way to start the morning was a conversation with Matt/dad. Stephen more runs around and says hi and bye, but it is always good to hear from Matt since his schedule is so hectic. I am always willing to be late, wake up early, stay up late, or skip something just to hear from him.
9. McKinley - the most spectacular views this morning. So good, I had to turn around so Michelle could see it.
10. Pictures to come - I promise I will get better about up loading pictures with my blogs. I was doing well at downloading, but have been slipping the past couple of posts.
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
1 comment:
Lauren!
You have created a monster! I check every day for updates. I love hearing your tales. Keep writing.
Love, Caroline
Post a Comment