I enjoyed dinner and have been eating, finally. I think I have gained more weight this week alone, than in all my pregnancy so far. Now, I am trying to eat healthy snacks so I don't balloon! It is nice to finally be feeling good again and have more energy. I told Matt that I feel like running I feel so good. Instead, we are working on a nightly 30 minute brisk walk. Stephen likes the stroll and I get exercise.
So, after our walk and a cool bath (need to adjust the control on the faucet) Stephen was all ready for bed. We snuggled in mommy and daddy's bed for bedtime routine. After not seeing him I just wanted to hold him. He was laying on my chest with eyes open. Finally, I asked him if he wanted to go to bed - and he shook his head yes. Then, I asked if he wanted to be in his own bed - another yes. Then, do you want to continue to snuggle and fall asleep with mommy - shook his head no! Finally, just to make sure, you want to go to sleep in your bed - another yes nod. So off to his crib we went. The below picture is of him about 5 min after putting him down. Amazing!! The first conversation where I have received yes and no answers from him.

We have been working on some baby sign language, not a ton though, but in the past three weeks he has really started to fly with it. Everything has a please and thank you signed and verbalized. Food = more because he knows at dinner when he asks for more please, we provide. It is so nice to have communication. I feel like I can almost have a conversation with him, which is so nice because he is the man of the house now.
One reason I am so tired is because I have been staying up late talking to Matt and trying to get the house cleaned after I get Stephen to bed. Matt and I have been able to talk for the past three nights from 40-90 minutes (with some breaks because he has dial-up - gasp!!). He can see me and hear me, but his processing speed is slow so I can only hear him. That is so much better than I thought we would get though. It is nice to be able to talk in the evening and I am not taking it for granted. He officially starts work on Friday after computer training, and it looks like the group he will be working with just arrived. After work starts, who knows our ability to connect due to time difference. Just so blessed it is working now!
1 comment:
you're a good blogger!!
Post a Comment