Sunday, May 6, 2007

Change is stressful

Today, Stephen was begging to get into his crib around nap time. I really wanted to video my parents so I tried to keep him up. In the process I noticed that he was using his crib bumper to stand on. Yes, I know I should have removed it a long time ago. So I took it off. Nap time did not occur in his crib because we were past the point of no return. Nap time did occur though, just with mommy in her bed. Tonight, I got him ready for bed and laid him down and it was not a pleasant sound. I then remember that it was his first night without the bumper. He snuggles his head into the corner of the crib and the bumper is padding. I quickly pulled it back out, and reattached it into the crib. Sang to him again, and ta-da, he didn't cry. Too many things are changing all at once. I will try again later once things have calmed and settled down.

One weekend down and we are still in one piece. I went next door and spent Cinco de Mayo with my neighbors. It was a wonderful evening and we get along great with everyone. I brought Stephen home for his usual bedtime, then headed back nextdoor with my monitor. It was so nice to be able to stay out and hear him if he needed anything. Yesterday, we also went to the zoo with some friends. It was our first journey to the zoo here. It wasn't huge and the variety wasn't like a big city zoo. It was very Alaska - gravel paths, with lots of hills, Alaska animals and some African animals. What a great opportunity for us to get out and sightsee and spend time with friends.

Matt is officially at his deployment location. He said the hospital is nice, and living quarters are sparse and dark. Still not a tent though!!! I talked to him yesterday afternoon real quick and he sounded good. It is hard for him to settle though because the people who are there now are leaving and the new people don't come until next week. He did say there is no rush to get him started so he is sure he won't be home on time. That wasn't good news to my ears, but who knows? Only God!!!

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.