We made it through our first "work week" without Matt, even if it was only two days of work for me! I took two days off when Stephen and I got back to get organized and settled. Stephen hopped right back into daycare this week. It has been rough for both of us. He is definitely attached in the mornings now and doesn't want to let go. Staying organized is good, but challenging. That way I can have stuff done, a clean house so I don't go insane, and be in bed at a reasonable hour. It is funny because I haven't felt organized since about 3-4 weeks after I had Stephen when our lives got turned upside down. Now it feels weird to be organized and planning things to include meals for a week. Almost comforting again.
Matt is not at his destination yet, but hopefully arrived this evening (my time) or will arrive tomorrow. He is able to keep in touch with e-mails and the occasional phone call. Although the connection is sometimes lost. I talked for a long time yesterday (it seemed like a long time at least), but came to find out he wasn't there. I don't know how long he hadn't been there.
We are becoming more social with Matt's absence more to keep me sane. We are taking nightly walks in the neighborhood, went out to Red Robin tonight for a baby shower, have a date at the zoo tomorrow with another ER family with a child Stephen's age, and then a Cinco de Mayo party with the neighbors. Next weekend we will have our first visitors, so the sightseeing begins.
1 comment:
Thinking of you guys and praying for Matt. Thx for the blog.
Post a Comment