Okay, so I've slacked for what I realized was two weeks. Sorry, and oops! So much has happened! Memorial Day weekend was spent in Seward for two nights - long sleepness nights. Michelle, Stephen, and I went down to check out the "seaside." Stephen enjoyed sleeping with mommy, Mommy was happy when he was back in his crib. It is so much fun to snuggle until he gets restless. We went on a nature cruise of Ressurection Bay and saw sea lions, orca's - a whole pod, humpback whales, puffins, and lots of seagulls. Then we went to the Sea Life Center - an artic aquarium - which Stephen loved. He loved the fish tanks and it was hard to peel him away. Then we saw the seals!! He was in love!! He cried when we walked away from the seal tanks. The sea lions were a little scary though. Then, back to Anchorage, reality, and work! It was nice to get away.
On the way home, we stopped by the wildlife conservation center where rescued animals or orphaned animals go - moose, caribou, buffalo, bison, bears, birds, fox, more bears, elk, deer, etc. Well, on our way out I realized that a baby caribou had escaped and was outside the pen. I told someone about it. They asked me to go to where I had seen the animal. Needless to say (or as Michelle said,) I saved a baby caribou!
Since then, we have been enjoying evening walks, a visit from Michelle's friend Sarah, and a couple of busy nights of call. Michelle and Sarah have been having fun with Stephen talking to him all the time and working on annunciation of words. It is amazing. He is at a phase right now where he is soaking up all of the things around him and loving to learn, repeat, try new things, and be just adorable. Every day is so amazing and I love him more and more.
New things in his world that I am especially proud of - saying grace!! He will sit and fold his hands as we pray and even try to say "Amen." He is trying to repeat any words that you say. His vocabulary has doubled in the past two weeks. Songs - he loves to dance and sing. In the car last week he suprised me when he started to try to sing part of the chorus to a song! "Who built the ark?" Then from the back seat, I hear "Nona, Nona." (Noah, Noah!!) Then from a cartoon called Handy Manny, "Op up, ump in." (Hop up, jump in!!) [Note the episodes are 12 minutes long, super cute, and only about 3 a week. We are not TV junkies in this house - we meaning Stephen. Of course, the next story is also about TV!] Happy Feet is his favorite movie. The dancing and the music captivate him.
Looking forward to a long weekend. I have a half day tomorrow, then leave on Monday and Tuesday. Praying for nice weather and productivity this weekend. Michelle leaves on Tuesday AM, and my parents come on Wednesday evening. Looking forward to seeing them, and will miss Michelle and all of her wonderful help!
3 comments:
Thanks Lauren, that was fun. It is exciting to see how much he liked the aquarium! I wish he could come to our house and see the fish. Boy you are busy with company! You'll really be exhaused by the time Matt comes back with all the people in your home, but how nice of everyone to help out. Thanks for the update, I am so enjoying them.
Love,
Caroline
Lauren,
I was so sorry to read about the crash of the F 15's in Alaska. I'm sure everyone is upset. Horrible loss, I'm so sorry.
Caroline
Post a Comment