Saturday, June 16, 2007

Play Date

Last weekend we had a playdate with one of Stephen's friends, and my friend too. Matt works with the husband/dad. It was fun to get together with Emma and Oscar and have some mommy time while the boys played.

Nana and Papa arrived this week. Stephen has been enjoying spending time with them. He follows papa around a lot - a male figure!! He likes to go to the window and watch papa water the lawn. It is fun to see my parents and Stephen interacting and having fun together. They do such a wonderful job of keeping him entertained, and disciplined. I was fortunate enough this week that they watched Stephen while our day-care provider was out of town. The three of them had fun together.

We continue to go day by day. It is looking like Matt will be home sometime in September. There are rumblings of who his replacements will be. That is good news at least for us. He continues to work hard and see lots of traumas. It is good for his skills, but gets hard to see so much damage to someone.

The big exciting event in our lives has been our landscaping. I can't find the pictures right now, but will get some up. Our landscaping is finally done! Now is the hard part - writing the check was easy! :) We have been watering maniacs, mainly my dad now. We got hydroseed, not sod. So we need to keep it moist most of the time and it is recommended to hand water. Not happening with the hand watering, but we are keeping it moist. It will be nice once the grass it grown in and Stephen can play on it.

I am off to run some errands while Nana and Stephen nap. Papa and I are going to Costco and to pick up my car. I am on call, so we dropped a car of at the hospital for me just in case we were out, the rest of them could stay out and not wait around for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Lauren. I'm wondering how things are going with your pregnancy. You sound more than fine and very busy. Stephen is sure cute. I'm glad you are enjoying him so. I enjoy your comments very much. Does Matt have a Blogg as well? Looking forward to your next update. Caroline

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.