The first two pictures are from our trip to Seward. Stephen loves bears (mainly all animals), so of course we had to stop. My parents enjoyed a glacier and wildlife cruise in Resurrection Bay.
Stephen and I enjoyed the Sea Life Center twice that day.
He enjoys watching the fish, but has so much fun in front of the seal exhibit. They will swim laps and continue to look like they are going to swim right out of the tank! The weather wasn't cooperative, but it was still a great time. Nice to get away, but I have realized that Seward doesn't have much to offer to an 18 month old. So I don't think we'll be going back for a while.
The rest of my time off was spent accomplishing things around the house!!! We are almost done painting not only the nursery, but Stephen's room!! It has been a long and arduous taks for my dad, but it looks awesome. He has been working relentlessly to get the painting completely done before he goes. My mom has completed curtains for Stephen's room to match the new wall color. I totally appreciate all of their help and know we would be painting in two years!!
The other big accomplishment of my time off was going fishing. (I did have a picture for you, but it has disappeared as I typed and edited. Next time, I promise.) One of the guys Matt works with is one of the handiest and most outdoorsy guys I've ever met. (He helped install shades in our guest room with a 13 foot ceiling.) He volunteered to take my dad and I out fishing bright and early. We left our home at 5:10 AM!! I wasn't expecting to catch anything. We have talked to so many people who haven't caught a thing. But I caught a king salmon!!! From estimates it was 36 inches and 25 plus pounds. So exciting and yummy. I was the only one of the three of us to catch something. Plus there was plenty of leftovers to freeze so Matt can enjoy. My dad said I have gone from being the gatherer to the hunter! I cheat on the gathering - we subscribe to a vegetable delivery service from a farm from the valley north of us that is freshly delivered weekly.
Off to bed!! Stephen is sleeping with me tonight (again) as we finish painting his room. Can't wait to have my bed back tomorrow. I do have to admit it is fun snuggling, but he sleeps so well on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment