Sunday, July 22, 2007

Getting . . .

Getting there around the house. . . Finally getting around to posting the progress that has been made in and around the house so far. The biggest and most notable changes are . . .
. . . painting the new nursery. The boxes will have to go of course!

. . . painting Stephen's bedroom, new curtains too!


. . . and we have grass!!

Getting to enjoy summer weather . . . the weather has been beautiful the past week!! The weather was warm enough to get the lawn dried out enough to get a really good mowing in, and need to water it afterwards. We have been able to wear shorts and T-shirts all week. It is amazing what 70 degrees feels like after being 0 for so long! Needless to day with shorts and sandals we had a few falls outside. The first scrapes of Stephen's life. (I did have a picture here, but I deleted it and can't figure out how to get it back in. Still learning!!) He has enjoyed playing outside so much.

Getting by as a single parent. . .we had a week alone without visitors. It is hard being a single parent! So much to manage to ensure the house is kept up, but mostly we eat well and have plenty of time together. John and Debby Laurie arrived last night. We spent the day playing inside, because of course it started raining last night and hasn't stopped since they got here. It is fun to have the company and Stephen is enjoying his new playmates!

Getting to be a big boy . . . The other big development in the house is moving to a new bed. I set up a twin mattress on his floor to start the transition. We haven't touched the crib since. He was so excited when I brought the mattress into his room, I almost couldn't make the bed. He gets in and out easily, but I am blessed because he stays in his bed when it is time to sleep. I did find him out of bed one morning this week when I went to get him. He was back in bed so fast he knew he had been caught! So cute! Here is a picture of his first sleep (a nap) in his new bed.
Getting bigger . . . The baby continues to grow well, and therefore so do I! I had another US this week of Baby Girl Wolf. She is growing well, and a second umbilical artery has not magically appeared. We have a 2 vessel cord (VC) - one vein and one artery (versus a normal two arteries). Sometimes that can cause or be a sign of other problems, but we are blessed so far that she is growing well and anatomy looks normal. I was able to get her pictures and send them to dad this week too. In four weeks, I will start spending time being monitored for baby's activity and HR twice a week since I have a 2 VC. Next time, I'll include a picture of her! No name yet!

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.