Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hard days

It is the hard days that make me appreciate life the most.  Those days remind me that the easy ones need to be treasured more.  The hard days remind me of my responsibility.  They affirm my walk with the Lord, otherwise I may not come out of the day intact!

Today was one of those days . . . Eleanor was challenging every minute from the time I saw her after school.  More challenging than normal.  Many of the tough days are related to her free spirit.  Tonight there was no taming or calming.  She had Stephen in tears this evening because she ruined a tinker-toy creation.  He was so tired that he couldn't stop crying.  So challenging to be disciplining one and comforting the other.  The solution became very clear - early bedtime.  Thankfully my patience remained intact, don't think I raised my voice, and kids went to bed with smiles. 

Even the tough days have their ray of sunshine - lunch with my parents for some yummy enchiladas, getting out of work on time, going in a little late, having to wake my kids up to go to school close to 7, yummy dinner.   The tough day is over.  The sun will rise on a new day tomorrow full of hope and great times together.  

2 comments:

Brent said...

Great post on a tough day. I know how you feel:) Elli is down for hopefully a long nap due to our tough afternoon. Hopefully sleep changes things, but if not, I will be looking for the positives as you mentioned in your post.
Love you guys.

John / Debby Laurie said...

Weeping may last for the evening, but joy cometh in the morning.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.