Saturday, October 1, 2011

Can't handle the heat . . .

I didn't catch the first half of the USAFA game today.  We were too busy chasing hot air balloons and visiting pumpkin patches (more on that later).  Much to my surprise we were ahead at half-time!  Shocking, only because I was expecting us to lose.  I was so excited to head home to watch the game.  

Still leading at the beginning of the fourth!  Then the team fell apart and Navy pulled forward.  I couldn't take it.  My mom and I were heading out, and as Navy tied it up I was thankful to have an excuse not to watch overtime.  Where did the defense go?  Aargh!  A little shopping picked up my mood though to soften the inevitable loss.  So, when Matt texted me that we had won I was so excited!!!

My dad filled me on the rest of the game.  Never have I been so thankful for an unsportmanlike conduct call!  The famous AF blocked kick saved the game.  The defense finally pulled through!  I am back in now and can't wait until we beat the Lobo's at home at the end of this month.  Also excited to take the kids to their first USAFA game at the Academy next month!

GO AIR FORCE!!

2 comments:

den & marjie said...

I watched every play of that game and thought I'd have to resume my blood pressure meds! I think the Navy QB is still doing pushups.....but he learned a valuable lesson in leadership. Can't wait to sit with all of you at the AF/NM game and scream "GO FALCONS"!

Bobbie said...

So great to catch up on your blog, love it. You have really made a weather flip flop from Alaska to NM. The kids are just fantastic. So glad you are keeping up with your blog, I love being able to pop in a look at it all.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.