Thursday, September 22, 2011

What is a record player?

Stephen asked me, "what is a record player?" Most of you don't need to ask where that came from, you can only imagine, but let me set the scene . . .

The morning for them had been good, me not so good.  Stephen woke me up at 4:30 AM to let me know that I had not properly cracked his door.  Then he requested I come upstairs and ensure it was the appropriate amount open (or closed depending upon how you look at it)!  

Breakfast went well this morning.  Usually it is a challenge with one of them.  Thinking the morning was going good, it happened.  I was trying to get out of the door this morning to drop the kids off at school.  Not sure what it is about the process of getting shoes on, getting lunch-boxes and water bottles, and getting into the car that always seems to be a road block for my children.  Mommy started repeating herself over, and over, and over again.  

I made a comment that I was a broken record.  The door was open, and Stephen walked right through.  "Mommy, what is a broken record?"  How do I respond to that?  In true fashion, I answered honestly.  Let me apologize to the grandparents first, "Sorry!"  The answer: A record is the way grandpa, grandma, nana, and papa used to listen to music a long time ago.  If a record was broken, it would get caught and the music would say the same thing over and over again.  Just like I am saying to you, the same things.  

Mornings like this tax my patience, but also increase it!  It set the mood for the day.  A lunch time workout and smiling kids at the end of the day improved the mood.  So thankful to make it through the day.  Thankfully no lunch to take tomorrow, so one less thing to worry about.  And his door is perfectly cracked which means I won't be woken up early in the AM!  Lessons learned by all.


No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.