With all of the excitement and joy that we experienced last week, it completely passed my mind that a decade just ended! Then as I thought some more, this was probably the best decade of my life. So many events that have completely transformed my life.
Matt and I have been dating for 9 1/2 of the past ten years. I entered the decade not anticipating finding the love of my life. Then it hit me in the face! As I look back, ten years has flown by so fast. We have endured medical school, residency, two kids, and two deployments. Our relationship continues to strengthen each day. The Lord continues to be the center of our life and provides for us each day.
This decade also saw us finish our medical school. Pass our boards. Start our careers. The end and beginning of the journey in our professional lives.
Our two beautiful children were born this decade. They are a joy to us each and every day. It is incredible the love that grows each and everyday for each of them. I can't believe we both started the decade as singles and finish it as a family. The Lord is awesome!
We also said good-bye to three wonderful grandparents this decade. Nana Lolo, Grandma Hahn, and Papa Jack were all great influences on our lives. They are deeply missed!
As I look forward to the next decade, I pray that the plans that the Lord has in store for us lead us down as many exciting and memorable journeys!
No comments:
Post a Comment