Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday!

We have a 4 year old! Oh, how the time has flown by! His is definitely a little boy now. He keeps us on our toes on a regular basis with his questions, inquisitiveness, knowledge, jokes, and love. I am so thankful for my little boy! I enjoy being able to have conversations with him that are "adult" like. I also enjoy teaching him when he asks questions. His continual desire to learn and help overwhelm me (in a good way.)

Grandma and Grandpa decorated the house for Stephen. There were streamers and balloons everywhere. He was so excited that the decorations were just for him. They provided hours of fun for all.
The birthday theme was Matchbox cars. It has been fun to play with the tracks. Stephen has been able figure out the logistics of the sets and has it down to a science. I remember playing with these sets when my brother had them, but didn't remember how much fun they were.
Every year I ask Stephen what kind of cake he wants. This year he was very specific that he wanted a rocketship cake. Grandma and I brainstormed about the best design idea for the cake. Once settled upon, she baked up a yummy cake. Then I set out decorating the cake. It was so much fun. He loved the rocketship cake. I think it turned out pretty good.
Many wishes for health, happiness, smiles, and awesome milestones in the next year!

1 comment:

Wherever we go there we are said...

I love the cake! You did a great job!!! I can't believe he's four! Happy birthday big guy! We miss you guys!

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.