Stephen's first experience with croup was what I expected. Nighttime cough. Some sleeplessness. Normal days. He has been doing well considering he has been sick. He has been a real trooper this week. I am so thankful for his easy going spirit, bright smile, and understanding beyond his 4 years!
Eleanor's first experience with croup is not what I expected. She did great on Monday during the day, but knowing that the second and third nights can be worse we weren't sure what was going to happen that night. Monday night was bad enough that I kept her home from daycare on Tuesday and didn't go to work. Tuesday during the day her symptoms got much worse. I did everything I could to keep her out of the ER. Especially since Matt was working. Unfortunately, after nap I had to take her to the ER. I felt so badly for her. It was weird being on the other side of the fence! We got such great care, but couldn't get her symptoms under control enough so Eleanor got admitted to the hospital for the night. Oh what a day! She was able to go home the next day, but we are still battling croup with her. She and I have had a lot of quality time at night this week. Her sleeping, me worrying about how she is doing, and me not sleeping much.
I am so blessed to have a very understanding husband. There has been a lot of stress this week with work and having a sick child. He has been awesome. Eleanor is definitely a mommy's girl and much prefers me over him when she is sick. He endured some trying times this week when I wasn't around. Plus he let me sleep for a couple of hours this morning before he had to go to work.
Today was the first day that she has not had any difficulty breathing. I am hoping that she can sleep in her room tonight and I can sleep in my bed. I am thankful that it is the weekend and I can be home with the kids and take care of them. I am also very thankful that she is on the mend and we aren't on the other side of the fence anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment