Sunday, August 16, 2009

Owies!

Today was a day of owies at our house. Stephen was first. He has been having a hard time recently, especially when his plans conflict with my plans. He came over to me and I told him "no" about something. He lost it. I was so baffled because he had been doing so well (after a very rough morning.) Then he finally through sobs and tears that he had fallen and hit his eye. It happened so fast that no one saw it and the delay in cry was at least 1 minute. Sure enough about 10 minutes later, he had a nice rug burn on his face. Still there at bed time. I have a feeling he will have a nice shiner tomorrow!
Then not to be left out, Eleanor had to top her brother. She went teeth first into the window ledge while hanging out with grandpa. She was running, then tripped. I am note sure who was worse off - my daughter or the window ledge. Of course, the mouth bleeds everywhere. I think her teeth are fine, not loose and she is eating fine. But her gums sure took a beating. About an hour later, she still had paint stuck between two of her teeth. I haven't looked at the ledge too close for fear of how bad it looks. I already feel bad enough for her. I know this picture shows her laughing. It was taken after a lot of love, tylenol, ice, and snuggling.
That wasn't the worst of it. I decided today was the time to get rid of her "paci" because I didn't want her sucking on anything with her two front teeth potentially hurt. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. She was MAD at me. I had to take a nap with her and she woke up crying. It took over an hour to calm her down. Tonight was a little better in getting her down, but the injury has finally prompted me to do something I should have done a long time ago. We will see how tonight goes!

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.