I found a local museum that hosted birthday parties. Stephen wanted a rocket ship theme. So we did an outer space program that included a talk about the planets and a planetarium display. Maybe a little much for a 3 1/2 year old, but he had a great time. Here is everyone getting ready for our show!
We were also to enjoy the museum. Lots of science displays that the kids could enjoy - bubbles, caves, sea animals, planes, outer space, etc. The bubbles were the most fun activity. It was a competition to see who could get the bubble up the highest. I enjoyed playing with the smaller bubble displays with Stephen and Eleanor.
Then onto the food, hot dogs and cake! He really wanted to have hot dogs from CostCo. I let him pick and he did well! All of the kids loved them, the adults too!
The look of sheer joy on Stephen's face when I lit the candles was so memorable. I know he enjoyed the day, but his face was priceless. It made all the work worth it. And made it worth doing it again.
2 comments:
These are great posts. I am so glad to hear your summer is going so well and that you are having so much fun with your kiddos. I like the story about Stephen's bed. Elli is the same way. There is hardly room for her to sleep in there:)
SO fun! I am going to start doing 1/2 birthdays for Miles too... since BOTH kids are within 10 days of each other and we have Christmas and New Year's in the middle we can't afford to have parties then too! :O) Hope you are hanging in there with Matt being gone. Hugs!
Post a Comment