Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Dress

Thank you Nana for the beautiful dress!  Growing up I was blessed to have a very talented mother.  Now my children are blessed.  She is a master seamstress: smocking, quilting, hand embroidery, hemming, etc.  I had a smocked dress for every occasion.  My children have tons of quilts.  I was so excited when I found out I was having a girl, because I knew she would be well dressed.

I asked my mom to make Eleanor a dress for her first birthday.  The dress was phenomenal.  I think it is my favorite dress that my mom has made.  Eleanor looks so beautiful in the dress.  The dress is very similar to a dress that I wore when I was 4 or 5.   When we were in Alameda, Aunt Kathy has a wall of morning glories.  They matched the dress perfectly.  

I took some pictures of Eleanor today at home in the dress.  The rocking chair was mine as a little girl.  She fell in love with the chair.  It has now become her favorite place to sit at home.


I thought she would enjoy playing with balloons, but the balloons were boring when compared with the rocking chair.  No matter what, she kept going back to the chair and ignored the balloons.  I found another chair for her to sit in that she also enjoyed, and I could sneak the balloons into the picture.  This was also one of my chairs as a child.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Such a beautiful dress for a beautiful little girl! Love that you still have your own chair!

Amy said...

What a beautiful dress--your mom is super talented! And what great birthday photos in your old chair!

Happy Belated Birthday, Ellie!

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.