Then off to school after a yummy breakfast. We arrived just as the doors were opening up. He was definitely apprehensive, but very excited. He definitely had to be holding my hand, but I was loving that.
The apprehension started melting away when he found a "jewel" on the playground. Then Sedona showed up and more apprehension melted away. His best friend was there for him and I was so grateful.
The final bit of apprehension melted away as we went inside to check it out. First off, we saw the "Who's here board?" Everyday the kids find their picture and put it up onto the board. Then Stephen posed in the circle. There are a couple of times during the morning that they sit around the circle. It is a transition piece between activities. Next was the water table. Miss Corrina showed Stephen the fun water table. He told me he wanted to play there. Finally, we made sure his backpack was hung up.
Then back outside to check out the playground. Stephen quickly found Sedona. The two of them found the sand table. The last little bit of apprehension melted away. That is where I left Stephen playing happily.
A quick view from my car. Stephen and Sedona standing next to each other looking out at the parking lot. A heart leapt for joy at him growing up, but cried a quick tear because he is getting so big.
The morning past quickly for all. Stephen was all smiles when I picked him up. I was so relieved that the morning went well.
Each day the kids will come home with a paper talking about what they did. This is so helpful. It allowed me to engage Stephen in conversation. He was a little bashful at first, then warmed up as I started asking him questions.
While Stephen was at school, mommy went to coffee. On the way home, the view of Denali was so beautiful that I picked mom up and we went. It was such a clear and stunning day. We were both so thankful that we took the drive.
2 comments:
I don't know how you do it, darling! I think of you all often, pray for you all daily, and love you lots!
always -----
Your first born is off to school; a huge milestone. So fun to read about it. Thankful for jewels in the dirt!
Post a Comment