Sunday, September 27, 2009

Learning Curve

We are nearing the half-way point in Matt's dessert sojourn. I consider myself pretty handy around the house - both inside and outside. This time Matt has been gone I have been afforded many opportunities to learn new things around the house. Fortunately, God has well prepared me for them.

Fertilizing and liming the lawn - successfully! Dennis bought all of the supplies for me. Not the usual Matt uses, so learning to not only "feed" the lawn. God was obviously watching over me because the grass made it and I didn't spill any. So thankful that my first attempt was successful.

Using a leaf blower! I know how to rake and how much time it takes. Matt bought a leaf blower last year. So thankful for this little machine. Allowed me to blow all of the leaves out of the beds while the neighbor boy mowed them all away!

Staining a deck. Dennis did most of this hard work. So thankful that there was help for me to accomplish this task.

Traveling with two kids to Washington D.C. by myself. So thankful that God has made my children great travelers, for family and friends that helped me in D.C., and children that are very flexible.

Accepting help! I have always been a do-it-myself person. I have been more willing to accept help as the years have progressed, but it is still very difficult. God continues to work in my life to allow me to say "Yes" to more help, even though it is hard. So thankful for all those people out there who are willing to offer help.

I know there will be many more challenges that will arise in the next few months and many new things to learn. I continue to pray daily that I will continue to be as equipped as I have been!

PS. I know I am behind in blogging. Will catch up soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you there again kiddo! I was getting concerned. And yes -- you are continually amazing!! We love you!!

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.