Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane . . .


When I look back on today, it was ordinary. Nothing special in our daily lives. That is the way everyday should be. But when I look back, this will always be a very unordinary day. Today, Matt left for 6 months. We truly understand the sacrifices that need to be made, but sometimes have difficulty accepting them. We haven't done anything special to prepare, but remind each other how much we love each other, spend time as a family, and ensure that Matt had everything he needed.

This song so reminds me of the sorrow of leaving a loved one, not wanting to go but needing to, and the love that exists even through the miles. The kids know he is leaving and enjoyed seeing his plane off. I think that seeing the airplane was the highlight for Eleanor.

3 comments:

Bob and Sandy Gold said...

You guys are in our prayers!

Love,

Bob and Sandy

Jen Luminati said...

We are praying for Matt and you guys while he's deployed. Keep us updated!

Drew, Carrie, Riley, and Aubrey said...

I know what you're going through, and you can do it! They kids will keep you going....you'll barely have time to grieve and worry. But it will still feel wierd without him, and for those long days I pray that God will lift you up and encourage you. I would dream of the reunion and how happy the kids would be. We really built that up, so it was eveything a returning dad could hope for. We'll certainly be thinking of yall and sending prayers of strength your way and Matt's.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.