Saturday, June 27, 2009

Camping

Matt really enjoys backpacking and camping. When we got married, I bought a sleeping bag and was all ready to start new adventures.  Due to a myriad of circumstances, we have only camped once in our nine years together!  It was in Ohio and was so much fun.  I can't wait for our kids to get older and to let them have wonderful experiences.

I am not at the stage to camp with two little kids though.  There are a lot of reasons, but the top reasons right now are
1. Bears
2. Moose
3. Diapers
4. 22 hours of sun
But, I have wanted to camp with Stephen.  Before Matt left, we pulled out the camping gear and camped!  We started out with roasting marshmallows. Matt taught Stephen how to pick the perfect stick to roast and then helped him roast his marshmallows. I even joined in on the action - and got chocolate all over my face!




Then, we got the tent ready and told stories. Stephen was so excited to sleep in the tent and to use a sleeping bag. We put him to bed at 7:45 and at 10:00 he was still up! He was beside himself with excitement. I kept checking on him and Matt was totally asleep and Stephen was still talking and playing with his glowstick.


No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.