Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Volcano

As most of you have seen, Mt. Redoubt in Alaska has erupted. The volcano is about 120 SW of Anchorage. So far we have escaped any ashfall or direct results from the eruption. The winds have fortunately been such that they have moved the ash north of us. We are glued to the website with updates.

The next 24 hours are important for us. The winds are supposed to change tonight so if another explosion occurs it would impact us more. Matt and Stephen fly out tomorrow AM to California for a couple of days. Matt and I are both primary people to get "stuck" at the hospital if there is a problem in Anchorage. Please pray for us that God provides and has things go smoothly.

3 comments:

Jen Luminati said...

We're definitely praying for you. Thanks for the update--I was wondering!!

Drew, Carrie, Riley, and Aubrey said...

We'll be thinking of you!

Amy said...

Definitely thinking about you guys!

And I also have to say Congratulations on the award! That's so awesome and I so wish you could be my kids' doctor! Maybe one day we'll end up at the same base!

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.