But, here goes. The reason Lauren went to Indiana was to attend the conference of the military section of the American Academy of Pediatrics. They meet every year and usually at least one pediatrician from every base goes. This year was not Lauren's turn and she wasn't scheduled to go. However, at the least minute she was told she was going- to receive her award. Lauren's boss nominated her and she won Air Force Pediatrician of the Year for the West Chapter.
I can't say I'm surprised. Lauren is a great doctor. She is intelligent and hard-working. She is efficient and constantly looking for ways to improve herself and the overall care given at her clinic. But most of all she cares greatly for patients and constantly ensures they are taken care of in every possible way. I've known this for years. It is nice though that the American Academy of Pediatrics has recognized this!
The fact Lauren can do all this while remaining a devoted mother, superb wife, fantastic friend, and loyal neighbor is . . . . incredible. I wish I could come up with a better superlative to describe what an amazing person she is but I have to admit I just don't have all the right words. So I will just say that I am so so so proud of her and realize it doesn't come close to saying enough.
8 comments:
And, "Fast, Neat, Average, Friendly, Good, Good" doesn't cut the mustard, either!
Congratulations, Lauren!!
(and congrats to Matt for posting a blog, too!)
:)
Thanks for sharing, Matt! Congratulations, Lauren. Way to go!!
Thanks Matt for putting this up. We had the wonderful honor of driving to Indy to share time with your beloved, and it was time WELL spent! I've no idea which one of us had the most fun just catching up over a wonderful meal...another wonderful memory with "our" lady. Continued blessings on your beautiful family,
always,
Al and Grace
We too have always thought of Lauren as one of the best people created. Glad someone else notices it too!
COngratulations, Lauren :)
Doctor Lauren: If I was a little kid, I'd sure be happy to visit the doctor; especially one who has been recognized and rewarded for all of her hard work! But, I still would not be happy if you had to give me a shot!
We're so happy for you, Lauren. God has blessed you in so many ways - your gifts are making a difference in His world.
Go, Lauren, Go!
Love...John & Debby
Congrats L! I am really proud of you.
Love - Kate
Congratulations Lauren! That is awesome!
Post a Comment