Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Memories

As I continue to try to catch up, I wanted to share some wonderful memories of the past month. Most involve the kids, but some wonderful little us stories.
1. Matt and I had a wonderful date on last month to a wonderful little restaurant in Anchorage. It was an awesome evening. One of the things the restaurant is known for is the Caesar salad made at the table - Tijuana style. So yummy! It is always nice when the two of us get to go out!
2. I recently wanted to make waffles for my family. I plugged in the waffle maker and started to make the batter with Stephen. I thought I smelt something, but shrugged it off. Finally, I looked inside the waffle maker and lo-and-behold, a waffle! Last time I made waffles (over two months ago), we forgot to take the last waffle out of the waffle maker. Let me say the waffle iron will not be used at our house again. I think words out of my mouth included nasty, moldy, gross, and disgusting. Stephen kept talking about the nasty moldy gross waffle. So gross! Not the way I planned on getting a new waffle iron.
3. Stinky pee - Stephen the other morning asked what smelt as he went potty. I started laughing so hard. We had asparagus the night before and sure enough his urine smelt like asparagus. He had a hard time grasping that, but finally realized that eating asparagus will make his urine smell. He likes telling people that now.
4. At Sunday school today they played with a puzzle with the Space Shuttle. The teacher told me he said, "One small step, this is my walk on the moon."
5. Eleanor is a snuggler, so unlike her older brother. She independently plays on her own, but every now and then she will walk over to us and lay her head on us and give us a good squeeze. The treasure of snuggles. I will miss them as she grows.
6. Giving kisses is one of Eleanor's favorite things. It is always accompanied by a loud MMMMMMMM-MA! And of course lots of slobber.
7. My children play well together! We have finally reached an age that the kids play together, only an occasional spat. It is so much fun to look up while cooking or cleaning to see them happily co-existing.

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.