Matt here again. Two posts in the same dayy. Go fig. This morning I was taking the kids to daycare after working a night shift. I asked Stephen what he wanted for dinner tonight after I picked them up. With no hesitation he said, "Corn-Chicken."
I had no idea what he was talking about. He answered with a certainty that indicated I should know though.
M: "You want corn and chicken tonight?"
S: "No. Corn chicken."
I thought he had maybe seen a commercial for something.
M: "You want popcorn chicken?"
S: (laughing) "You don't eat popcorn with chicken."
I wasn't getting it.
M: "Do you want corn on the cob?"
S: "No. Corn chicken. Like we had on St. Patrick's Day."
Finally lightbulbs went off and I busted up laughing hysterically which is pretty hard to get me to do at 6:30 am after a night shift.
M: "OH!!! You want corned beef!!"
S: "Yeah. Corn-beef."
Gotta love leftovers . . .
2 comments:
Well, it tastes like chicken, anyway! You guys are amazing :)
Are you guys near Mt. Redoubt?
Post a Comment