We have been so blessed to be involved with a marriage bible study since Matt returned home from his deployment. Matt and I are the babies of the group. We have been married 6 years and 10 months. Wow! Time flies when you are having fun. The closest couple to us have been married for 20 years, and the other three couples 30 years! The three "oldest" couples have sons that are mine and Matt's age. And when I say "oldest," I meant wisest, experienced, and mature - not old in the sense of age. One of the men graduated from the Academy in 1976. He and his bride were Academy sweethearts. Our group has had so much fun. Matt and I are getting so much out of the group and the experiences of all the others.
We meet every Thursday night at our home. Stephen goes to bed shortly after everyone arrives. Ellie gets held by all the ladies.
We are so thankful for the opportunity to be involved in such a wonderful group. We are also so thankful to be blessed by the people we share our Thursday evenings with.
We continue our study in the fall, again on Thursdays. We can't wait!

(From left: Debra and Shaun Gilley, Me, Mark and Cheri McDonald, Bob and Sandy Gold, Kim Pinkerton (her husband is not here,) and Matt)
1 comment:
Thursdays nights are just great nights to meet:) We need a care group reunion one of these days on a Thursday night! I love hearing that you guys are continuing to get to know people, make friends, and grow in your walk with the Lord. We love you and miss you.
Lori
Post a Comment