Friday, July 10, 2009

Time

Time is definitely one of the greatest gifts that God has given us. Time with family is the most important to me. This time Matt is deployed time has definitely been maximized and more organized. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to see what is important, what needs to get done, and what can wait for later. I am not perfect at the management, but much better.

I am also so thankful for the time we have with Matt now. This deployment has been beyond expectations in the ability to communicate with him. We have been able to video almost everyday he is not flying and talk a second time of the day. He has a phone in his room that I can directly call. When I am at work, he can directly call me at my desk. On weekends, he can call through the base operator. This is so much better than the last deployment. After we talked last night, the timer on the clock said 1:20. And that was 1 hour and 20 minutes. Wow! It was almost like we were sitting together in the living room talking. I love technology. The kids were able to video dad this morning prior to going to daycare. So thankful for the time we have with him this time!

2 comments:

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

What a wonderful blessing. I am sure it is good for the kids to be able to see their dad when he is away. You too!

Bob and Sandy Gold said...

That's great! I can remember a time (not too long ago) when I had to communicate through a radio operator in order to make a call from Turkey to Sandy in Spain.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.