Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Family

We are born into a family. Those people love us despite many of our faults and failures. They are with us through thick and thin. They are there to pick us up when we are down. They are there to help us celebrate life's joys. Without their love and influence we wouldn't be who we are or where we are. Matt and I have unique relationships with each member of our family. These relationships have been transformed throughout our lives. I am thankful for all of our family.

During our life there have been people who have come into our lives that have become family. We were not born into their family or them into ours, but our lives have become intertwined. The experiences we have gone through with them have made us family. Matt and I both entered our marriage with "family." Those people have continued to be very important to us. Both of us have assimilated into our extended families with ease. Our children know many of them as aunt and uncle. When things are good, we share our joys. When times are bad, we share our sorrows. They care for us, pray for us, and support us. Even as we move around the country, these people continue to be very important to us. We miss them like our own family.

As I look at our life right now with Matt deployed and me at home with two young kids, I am extremely blessed to have such a wonderful local family. They help with with the kids, spend the night with me when on call, help me with my yard, make stops to help with my computer, have me over for dinner, and listen when I need some adult company. Our family near and far is also praying for us during this difficult time. As Matt's deployment progresses, both families will be coming to spend long periods of time with me. We wouldn't be where we are in life without our family both blood and inherited.

To all of our family, thank you! We love you and wouldn't be where we are in life without your guidance, love, support, advice, and sacrifices. You all are amazing! We love you!

1 comment:

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

Love this post about the family. I just found out that a lady I teach with at the Rec has a son, Joe Ross, who is stationed there with you guys. He knows you. What a small world, huh?

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.