Sunday, July 19, 2009

Super Saturday

Since Matt left I feel like our lives have been going non-stop. The many hats that I have been wearing are now wearing me out. I am in survival mode at this point in time. The roles that are most important to me are mommy and now daddy. It has been a hard balance. Even when Matt is here, I sacrifice myself for the family a lot. I feel the need to work even harder when he is gone to ensure my kids get enough attention. This self-sacrifice is definitely wearing me out. I am so thankful to the wonderful family that we have coming to help us out. I know that they are aware that they are helping me, but I don't think they have any idea of how much help they are even just being here. I am now at t-12 days until the first family comes. Yay!

Yesterday, I was working on the to-do's for the day. One of them was to call a friend to chat. She ended up convincing me to drop the kids off to play with her kids. I did have a hard time doing so because I felt I should be with them, even if running them all over town to get the list done. I finally agreed with some arm twisting. I am so glad that I have learned to say "yes" to help. Many of you know I am self-sufficient and a person who thinks they can do everything.

I had such a great day! After feeling so blessed that I had some time to myself, the day kept getting better. Kohl's was my first stop and I got a 30% off coupon. By that time, I felt that I had hit the jackpot. I was able to accomplish so much without worrying about the kids or having to get home in time for naps. The guilt I had for dropping them off was washed away. I am a much happier and more relaxed mommy! Thank you!

The kids enjoyed playing with their friends while I was gone. Stephen rode a big bike more than he does at home. Eleanor was a dare devil and loved the hill on her tricycle. They played, ate, napped, and wore themselves out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey -- don't forget to eat, ok? :-)

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.