Monday, May 7, 2012

Spouse's Day

Matt's unit had a spouse's day last month.  Unfortunately, Matt was out of town (skiing it up in Squaw Valley at a work conference.)  The kids and I went to participate in the fun. 

The kids started with an Easter egg hunt, then the parachute was pulled out!  The kids had so much fun playing with the parachute.
After a while, the guys hooked up lines to the climbing wall.  Stephen surveyed the action trying to decide if he wanted to climb . . .
And after a while, he determined it was worth the effort.  After getting harnessed up, there was a moment of hesitation, but perservered . . .
I think he is a natural . . .
Not to be left out of the action, Eleanor needed to have a turn.
I forgot to take a picture, so I had to snap one as she was asking to come down.
Not to be shown up by both of my kids, I harnessed up and started to climb . . .
I think my kids made it further than I did.  All three times that I climbed I got to about the same point.  I need to work on my climbing skills.
I didn't give up though and did keep trying.  Never made it any further . . .

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.