To enjoy fall, I took the kids to a pumpkin patch. Their first visit to the great place of Charlie Brown lore. The first patch was kinda small, but a good introduction. There was a friendly face there to greet us . . .
The kids enjoyed the "corn" sandbox! We found corn kernels for days after the visit to the pumpkin patch.
No real animals to ride, but the kids enjoyed riding the "bull!"
After riding, we all decided to try roping the bull. I showed the kids unsuccessfully how to rope. Where is my uncle when we need him! Eleanor roped that bull with some help! Thankfully, the target was still.
Stephen was next up! Seeing him trying to lasso reminded me of Corey when he was a little boy practicing with his lasso.
I wasn't quite sure what the this contraption was when we walked up. Both kids walked right up and knew it was a slide. Took me a minute to recognize the PVC "slide."
Once I felt comfortable that it was safe for the kids, off they went. This ended up being the hit of the pumpkin patch. I think they would have played in this area for the rest of the day. They slid for a long time, because I realized this would tire them out and in the back of my mind, I secretly hoped this meant a good nap later!
The kids were amazed at how tall the corn was! I remember standing in the corn fields as a child during the summer comparing how tall I was at that time.
The mandatory pumpkin patch picture . . .
Papa and Nana were able to help us pick out our pumpkins!
To cap off our visit, we took a hayride back to the car! A perfect way to end the visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment