Friday, May 22, 2009

Last Day of School

The neighborhood moms have an ice cream party for the kids on the last day of school. The kids and I were able to go this year. It was very sweet for my kids with ice cream, cones, and all the toppings a kid could ever dream of to put on top. Stephen ate a whole ice cream cone - I think it was his first. He told me that he wasn't eating it, "I'm licking it mommy!" As he ate, he sat on a chair watching all the commotion. So little in a big kid world!
  

The event was bittersweet for me because I realized that this is the last year that I don't have a child old enough for school. Stephen starts preschool this fall. I am so excited for him and love that he has the opportunity. I am also sad. My little boy is growing up. I just got his backpack with his name embroidered on it in the mail today. It almost brings tears to my eyes. They aren't here yet, but will be on Sept 3rd!

I was talking to our daycare provider today about how quiet it will be in the fall when four of the seven kids will be in school (1 in preschool and one in K). She said the two 1 year olds and baby will still keep her busy. The rate the 1 year olds are acting with early terrible twos, they will continue to give her a run for her money. When I saw Eleanor today, I thought how can she be so "terrible." Check her out:
  

2 comments:

den & marjie said...

All these 'firsts' are so special - there are so many ahead - look out and enjoy! xo,mom

Anonymous said...

Eleanor is so Marjie! I may be the only one that sees that in her, she is so cute, they both are I love your blog and your pictures. See the comment I just wrote on Amy's blog, I hope I have the sign in figured out finally.

Caroline

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.