Sunday, March 16, 2008

Three Lonely Wolfs

This post is for daddy who is in Texas. He left for a conference two nights ago and we have been surviving without him. Single parenthood is hard! I remember it from last summer, but with two - WOW! We have kept busy since he left:

1. Shopping!! A fun favorite activiy in our home. No pictures from the outing. Remind me never to go to the post office on a saturday morning. Am I nuts or what? Both kids did great though.

2. Dying and Dinner - a strange combination! We went to the Ellemberger's for Easter Egg dying, t-shirt dying, and dinner. What a fun evening. Lots of pictures from this. Stephen's first year dying eggs. Toddlers and hard boiled eggs just don't go together. Dinner and toddlers go over great most nights. Last night dinner was a huge hit - king crab! I couldn't shell the crab fast enough. Then the three kids took a bath together. What a hoot! They are so much fun.





3. Visit to "Jesus' House" for Palm Sunday. Stephen loves church on Sundays. The music speaks to his heart, playing out of his system, and of course bagels at the end. We finished a series on foregiveness today. Not a dry eye in the sanctuary.

4. Picture time - Ellie cooperated, Stephen not so much! Thanks Aunt Barbara for the awesome outfit. I got so many "aaw's" and "how cute!" at church today!




5. The Best Nap time ever! Peace and quiet for mommy for a hole 2 1/2 hours! Ellie was a great napper today and Stephen incredible.

6. A walk in the neighborhood. Our realtor saw us and was so nice to take our picture. Everyone wore their sunglasses today. Eleanor for the first time.


7. Dinner of tortillas and sauce - just like daddy in Texas!

8. Famoose child! Saying good night to daddy! I normally dress the kids the night before to make going out the door easy. Forgot tomorrow is St. Patrick's day. Need to get the boy in green!

9. Quote of the day: "I want my daddy!" My heart broke. The picture frame from last summer's deployment came in so handy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hopefully Matt won't be gone long. You guys all look great!

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

Lauren,
I love the pictures of the kids with their Easter baskets. We just had a care group Easter Egg Hunt and missed the Wolflings and Clewett cubs! Hope all is well and Matt gets home quickly and safely.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.