Our daycare provider had to go home for her father who has Alzheimer's and was ill. He passed away after she arrived. Needless to say that threw a kink in our daycare situation. The Ellemberger's and us figured out a way for one of the four of us to watch our four kids until help can arrive. Matt stepped up and had four kids four and under the past two days! He survived and was even smiling at the end of the day. I am so amazed by him! I think he did better than I did. He does it again next week too!
Matt is a wonderful father. Both kids love him so much. Bedtime is his forte with Stephen. Those two have a special connection at that time of night. Father bonding time with Ellie goes well during the day, but she is a mommy's girl at night.
As I reflect on the past year I can't believe how we survived without Matt all summer long. I truly missed him while he was gone, but realize now how much we missed him. I smile every morning when I wake up because he is there. I smile at night while he plays with our children and makes them laugh.
I have attached some of my favorite pictures of Matt and the kids and one of us. They are my favorites!
He truly is my love, my best friend, and the man God created for me! Love you Matthew!
1 comment:
That IS impressive! I'm not sure if ya'll check our blog, but I took a trip up to visit my sis in Feb. and watched four kids under four for a couple hours and it was exhausting, but fun! Way to go you guys! We miss you! -Debi N.
Post a Comment