What an amazing day yesterday . . .
We all woke up around 8:30 (too early for Matt and I). After a good family breakfast, Stephen helped me grocery shop. He wanted to go to the "grocery store" with mom. What a BIG help. He pushed the basket all the way around the store and even loaded it (minus the gallons of milk). A lady in the frozen food section even commented how big a help he was.
Early naptime at our house because we went to the Moscow Circus at our local theater in Anchorage. Ellie couldn't keep her eyes off the stage while awake. Stephen did excellent considering it was actually real naptime. Sorry no pictures, they weren't allowed in the theater. We met our friends the Ellemberger's and Anderson's. They both have children Stephen's age. It was a lot of fun.
Then off to Chinese food for dinner. When we asked Stephen at the restaurant what he wanted he said, "Chinese food." Dinner was challending just because he was soooooo tired. But he had enough energy to entertain the Ellemberger girls (Sierra, 4, and Sedona, 2) after dinner. They all came over for homemade creme brulee.
The most amazing thing of the day (besides not changing Ellie's outfit numerous times because she spit up or pooped through) was SHE ROLLED OVER!!! The Ellemberger's were getting ready to leave and we put her on the floor for tummy time. I commented to Matt that tummy time would last about a minute. She really doesn't like being on her tummy. Well, she proved me right, just not in the way I thought. I checked on her while we were saying good-bye and she was on her back!!
We are enjoying our first weekend off together since the New Year! Today, church, eagle viewing, Super Bowl party, and cleaning!
3 comments:
I LOVE this age when kids think helping out is FUN! Rebekah is a big help at the grocery store too.
Thanks for all the posts! It will be great to keep up with you guys. We saw Dr Tan this morning for Hayden's 1 year well-baby and I always think of you when we see him!
And wow, a helper at the grocery store! Sign me up!
Way to go Ellie! Soon you will be helping at the grocery store too:) And, Matt and Lauren, no way you can use up all the cute genes! Both children are adorable and I am sure the next ones will be too:)
Post a Comment