Eleanor has become so interactive with her environment. We had her well-baby today and she had smiles for everyone. Toys are no longer objects that we play with and have fun with. She now plays with her toys and will fuss at you if they are taken away. Her current favorites are a monkey, one of two ladybugs, and a star with a mirror. Developmental milestones are so fun to watch. Here are a few from playtime.
Can't leave out a post without a great Stephen story. I need to get a journal and start chronicling them. The other night we had company for dinner and I made bread from scratch. Stephen asked for some, so Matt gave him the whole loaf. And my child, the carb lover, proceeded to eat the loaf from the top. Fortunately, our neighbors were very understanding of the hole on the top.
Skee-ball at Chuck E. Cheese. Matt and I enjoyed the games more than Stephen. He did enjoy the rides though. I never thought I would say it, but I had a good time.
More pictures of Stephen and his bubbly personality. He has become a real camera ham. "Take my picture mom!" has become a favorite phrase in our home. Once the picture is taken, he has to see it of course. I have been enjoying it though because I am learning how to use our fancy camera more and having a subject is awesome.
Naptime in the wolf household, plus quality bonding time for mother and daughter. Eleanor is a snuggler, much more so than Stephen ever was or is. Naptime on the weekend has become snuggle time for the girls. (Snuggle time is also frequently at 4am daily. She wakes up to snuggle, not to eat. Argh!) Stephen is so much not a snuggler that he actually asked me to leave the other night after I had tucked him into bed. He gave me a hug and kiss, then said, "I love you. Good night. Leave mommy."
So much fun to cuddle in bed on weekend mornings. We normally wake Matt up together and cuddle and play for a while as a family.
We're rolling side to side from our belly. She is working very hard on getting from her back to her stomach. It is so much fun to see her roll, then smile at her accomplishment. Rolling means we're becoming more mobile though and re-babyproofing is coming.
4 comments:
What wonderful pictures! It's great keeping up with you guys on the blog. Thanks for taking the time to update it. (This is Jen, not Jon. :))
Ellie is gorgeous and Stephen is quite the ham. Love that picture with the glasses! Glad to see you are all doing well!
Okay,
This baby girl really looks like Stephen now! I didn't think so at first, but now she does. Thank you for sharing. I enjoy keeping up with you guys by reading your blog. Keep the posts coming!
Lori
I can hardly believe Ellie is old enough to be rolling over! And Stephen is just too adorable! You guys look like you are loving life... as it should be! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment