So you ask, what could those possibly have in common. Well, nothing except they both made our Sunday exciting and memorable. Ellie is sitting here helping me and mentioning that there haven't been pictures in two posts. I will correct that. Check back later today for pics of the kids!
25 liters - the amount of expressed breastmilk we have in our freezer right now. Broken down, that is roughly 800 ounces or 24000 ml or 160 feeds for Ellie. Anyway you break it down, that is a lot of milk. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for the abundance of my supply and that I am able to keep up with Ellie. The amount of milk in our freezer is a sore subject in our home. It has been since we had Stephen. If you know Matt and me, you may remember that when we moved from Ohio that the milk in the freezer was a source of tension. Unfortunately, I couldn't donate my milk when we moved because of a recent transfusion. Down the sink it all went when we moved. This time around we have a deep freezer. Now that is slowly filling up, what to do? If I keep saving all my milk, there won't be room for fish in the freezer this summer. Alaska doesn't have a milk bank, so I'm torn what to do with the "extra."
A Rotten Egg - literally! I went to make a coffee cake this weekend and there weren't enough eggs. Matt had dwindled our egg supply during the week and I didn't know. Stephen loves to cook, and he was really bummed out we couldn't cook. I called my neighbor and borrowed eggs. She so nicely brought them over as well as an extra. We started and then came "the egg." I never pre-break my eggs into a bowl. I have never encountered a bad egg. Have you? I cracked open the third egg and instantly smelled the world's foulest smell. Then I saw inside the egg a green mass. Don't know exactly what it was because it was back in the carton as fast as I could get it. The damage was done though. I almost puked, the coffee cake was ruined, Stephen was upset because we couldn't make coffee cake, and worst of all the kitchen smelt like a rotten egg. I could only think about Templeton the rat from Charlotte's web and his stash of rotten eggs. Then I almost puked again. In the end the "extra" egg saved us because we found a one egg coffee cake. Lesson learned - pre-break eggs before using them. I still have nightmares about the smell!
4 comments:
I was so worried somehow the breast milk was going to end up in the coffee cake. I have never encountered a rotten egg but the word picture you used about Charlotte's Web allowed me the experience! Can't wait for pictures!
OK, I figured out what my password is! I can't remember squat quite often. I wrote a long note the other night but couldn't get on, will write later this week! Great notes Lauren, I love them. M and D were here for weekend, great time. c
Holy smokes, that's a lot a milk! Looks like you can retire your pump :-)
Maybe I should start checking my eggs in a separate bowl, too. What a horrible experience. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy coffee cake again!
What an awful thing! I often wonder how those eggs get in the carton. Gross!
Post a Comment