Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time

I find the days are flying by. I feel like I am spending time, not taking time to enjoy it. This has really struck me when spending time with my family. I have been spending time with them, but in reflection it is not quality time. A lot of time is spent cleaning, organizing, to-do's, etc. I realized that being in the same room was not enough.

Time has now become something I am involved in, not just spending. With my day off this week, the kids and I went to our water park here in Anchorage. They have "tot time" during the weekdays. It was such a great time. The kids loved going to the water park. Eleanor has no fear! She was off and trying to swim from the first minute. It took Stephen a little to warm up. The day was awesome! Watching the kids walk hand in hand through the wading pool to walk up the stairs to go down the water slides (still holding hands) was so memorable.

Part of my goal is now to spend interactive time with my kids and my husband. The other things are still getting done. I am so much happier now! I am reveling in quality and quantity time, and not just spending time.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

So proud of you!

John / Debby Laurie said...

Yeah! You'll NEVER regret this decision!

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.