Thursday, December 18, 2008

2 and 1

Someone recently asked me how old my children were. I immediately replied, "2 and 1." Then I was a little stunned. I love the spacing between my children - 21 months. But for three months of the year they are "1" year apart. This is most apparent when they are young. Last year, I had a newborn and a 1 year old. I would never have imagined that I would be saying "2 and 1."

It is such a fun time right now with a new one year old and an almost three year old. They love each other so much. Stephen is protective of Eleanor, but also forgets she is smaller. Eleanor is not talking, so she communicates with shrieks and biting. So, both of my kids are becoming tough. Stephen is good about sharing and playing with her.

As they get older, the "1" year apart won't phase me that much. I look forward to the close age gap and their friendship as it grows.

1 comment:

Bob and Sandy Gold said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Stephen! "Belated" can be your new word. It means "late."

We pray that you'll always be a sweet brother!

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.