He was giving Matt and I fits Saturday morning because he wasn't listening to us. He stomped off and said to Grandma, "I need help with my mom and dad."
Tonight, on our way out the door to go to dinner he was adamant that he was not going to sit in his carseat, but in Grandma's seat. We were disagreeing with him. I told him that if he couldn't listen that he would stay home. He looked at Matt and said, "You are staying home. You're not listening to me."
"I don't want to!"
A couple of other precious memories . . .
He put on my combat boots tonight, looking so proud. Then informed me he was wearing doctor shoes!
Saying please and thank you without prompting.
Hugging Eleanor out of no where, even when she doesn't necessarily like it.
Thanking me for dropping him off at Miss Sylvia's to play for the day.
Hearing PTI (Pardon the Interruption - ESPN sports talk show) on TV and telling me he has to watch with daddy. He will help me unload the dishwasher later.
(caveat: Stephen doesn't watch much TV, but he does love watching PTI with daddy. More being in the same room as Matt when it is on.)Randomly bursting out in song. In the past week he has started singing two songs from a CD in Matt's car by Great Big Sea. The music is on all the time, but he picked it up on his own.
And my personal favorite in a conversation with Matt: I like the Bronco's. Mommy like the Bronco's. You like the 49er's. (I have taught him well!)
4 comments:
I'm giggling and cringing! So darn cute, but I'm sure infuriating, too. I know my days are coming!
Thanks for all your other posts, too. Great to see so many pictures of you all!
Amazing how they come up with the most rotten things and then turn around and melt your heart. Is that what we do to our heavenly Father?
Ah! Miles is so close to entering the 2's... But I do love watching him learn and grow! I enjoy all your stories and adventures! You guys have been up to a lot! Any idea where you are going next? Check out our blog for a lot of family updates! ;o) Love, JF, Debi & Miles
Those quotes are hilarious. How do you keep a straight face when he says those things to you? Wow. I can't believe he's so grown up. I still remember seeing him at the YM class at PPC when he was eight days old. :)
Post a Comment