We have had so many blessings in the past three days all centered around an error that Matt made. Three days ago Matt played X-box with some guys from work, and decided that he should get one for his birthday. I am not opposed to this at all, in fact have said for years that he could get a game box. Catch being that we needed an agreement prior to purchasing one so family time and chores would not suffer. Agreement came Monday night.
Yesteryday, much to my disappointment, Matt went to Costco to buy his own birthdya gift. I was bummed out to say the least because I wanted to participate in the gift buying/giving. I really enjoy giving gifts and buying them is part of the whole experience. Well, to protect merchandise Costco keeps the actual game console out of the package. So Matt left Costco without the game console. I felt a little better because we had to go back and then I would be part of the whole gift experience.
Off to Costco after Stephen's dinner we went. I was too tired to cook and for $5 a Costco dinner sounded perfect (pizza and coke for each of us). It was military appreciate night. Matt and I both got coupons for free pizza and soda - there is a free dinner!!! We played the fill-in-the-blank game and registered for door prizes, enjoyed our free pizza, got the console, and a few necessities (you can never just go to Costco for one thing - it's all part of their ploy I think.) What an evening, free dinner!
Today, as I sorted mail I noticed two $50 gift cards for a restaurant here in town and two movie gift cards. I thought it was random that they were there and wondered where they came from. Well, Matt got a call from Costco that he had won a door prize! And realized there was a $25 coupon for the X-box that started today.
So, because my wonderful husband forgot the game console, we got free dinner, $120 in gift certificates, and saved $25 off the X-box. What unexpected blessings!
We have actually had a busy week. One week ago I underwent a procedure to turn our little girl from her breech position to head down. Successful procedure and she cooperated for about three days! She is now back with her head nestled under my left rib. Funny enough she turned herself back around at the baby shower one of the neighbors hosted for me. Already the center of attention :)! On October 9, my OB will hopefully turn her again and then I will be induced. So we should have a little girl in less than one week!
Everyone in our house has also received new furniture. Matt and I finally purchased bedroom furniture for us after 6 years of marriage. Stephen got his big boy bed to house his twin mattress. We have looked for a long time for furniture for all of us, and we walked into JcPenny's and found the furniture very quickly. What a blessing.
I will post pictures later this week. Hope everyone is doing well!
3 comments:
Ouch--having to turn your baby girl--and then to flip right back! Prayers are with you all for all an easy delivery. Can't wait to hear that your new little girl has arrived!
Hi! This is Melissa Mauk (Ownby). Corey sent me your site. I hope things go well with the baby this week. We'll be thinking of you. Also we're on xbox live and have a few games so we can give you some suggestions once you have some more time. Take care!
Hey, I've got an Xbox 360... did you get a 360? What's your gamertag. Look me up on there... I'll email you my gamertag.
Post a Comment