Friday, April 8, 2011

Busy

The pace of life is in fast forward! The kids and I are having a great month experiencing our last Alaska spring break up. Each day brings us closer to having a clear driveway we enjoy playing outside in the melting snow each evening. The paast four mornings have found us waking to a snow storm by the afternoon the snow is melted and more ice gone! So glad to have the spring sun and neighborhood kids outside riding their bikes!

The kids are blossoming. Eleanor is using English that some teens I know wouldn't know what she is saying. She took me so off guard the other night I had to laugh. There goes my parenting skills. She told me that the asparagus on her plate was not what she expected. Not what she expected?? That is not what I expected. Her imaginary friend Anakin Skywalker spent the night at day care the other night. Her other friend Obi Wan had to go to work to make some money to buy her a gift then he went to daycare to spend the night. All of that while wearing a spectacularly girlie outfit with mismatched patterns and colors.

Stephen had me stop at the "pet store" for his stuffed animal wolf. "Wolfie" was not feeling well that day. Once we got the medication he was feeling better. He is such a caring little boy. It is sometimes hard to keep up with him. Today he was concerned because we haven't made him a chore chart. He wanted to make sure that he was doing the right jobs. Tonight he read Eleanor and me a book. So much fun! Not only are we reading, but we have been talking about debt, money, history, and doing math.

And my husband . . . Thanks to him I am blogging on my new iPad! He is the best. I am so thankful for all he does for us. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to download pictures. Loving the new toy though!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

YAY! Loved all the updates, I keep checking and tonight I hit the jackpot. The kids are growing up soooo fast. Loved it all. Thanks for keeping us posted and updated here when you have time! Love you all.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.