Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Convicted

As I "caught up" with some friends tonight on their blogs I realized I haven't blogged in 5 months.  I felt very convicted when I saw that.   There are posts that aren't done, some half way done, and others completely done that aren't posted.  The type A in me wants the posts to be in order.  I can give all of the excuses of why I haven't blogged, but the best one is just being.   I am enjoying just being mom, wife, friend, and me. 

One of my excuses has been completing my military education (PME), that I am not required to do.  I can officially report that I successfully passed 7 tests (without having to retest) and completed 4 exercises.  My last test was passed yesterday morning.  Matt and I signed up together to complete our PME in April 2009. He completed it when he was deployed.  The competitive part of me couldn't let him complete the course and not me.  So while I was in Japan, I thought it would be a good time to start.  If I start something, I have to finish!  Six months later I can say I am done!  The not required to do part . . . in my career field PME is not mandatory until I am a higher rank.  Don't ask why Matt and I chose to do this, still trying to figure it out.  But it is done!!

Another excuse is computers.  Our macbook is running low on space, our dell laptop was broken, and the desktop ran slower than molasses outside my house right now.  We upgraded shortly before Christmas and am trying to sort pictures, clean up our 10,000+ pictures, and get used to new computers.  So excited to have a fabulous new computer.

The last excuse is fatigue.  After working all day, I don't have the energy to sit in front of the computer.  Work has been entirely too stressful for the past 6 months.  The best part of my day at work is the end when I can come home to be mom and wife!  It permeated our lives last fall and early winter.  Finally out of the slump, work is still bad but not causing me to be miserable!

As I look at the things that have been taking up a lot of time, I didn't mention all the wonderful things that have been occupying our time . . .
. . . visits by everyone in our family.
. . . cousins playing together under one roof.
. . . first family vacation since having kids (without visiting family).
. . . completing a 1/2 marathon for me.
. . . a son who is adding, reading, reasoning, putting lego sets together like a pro.
. . . a daughter who is a little princess, learning letters and numbers, and coloring just as good as brother.
. . . a husband who loves and supports us all.
. . . cross-country skiing (when it snows).
. . . snow-shoeing as a family.
. . . teaching the kids to swim.
. . . teaching the kids to ski (it is amazing!!)
. . . taking a ski trip as a family.
. . . spending time with friends (who are family now!)
. . . great opportunities for both of us within our career fields.
. . . learning to appreciate what God has provided for us.

I am content right now.  I am happy at home.  My family is the best.  God is showing us the path he has chosen for us.  It is very clear right now and I am so content walking that path.  It may not be perfect, but it is His path for us.  It feels great. 

5 comments:

Jen Luminati said...

Welcome back! I am so happy to hear what's going on with you guys. Thanks for the update. So glad things are slowing down (at least a little) and that you all are enjoying life!

Tina Mather said...

Great to see your blog up again! Thanks for the updates! xoxo

John / Debby Laurie said...

To everything there is a season; including blogging and not blogging. Great post ~ Granting you the freedom to blog a lot or a little! xo

Unknown said...

So happy to see you up again! The gift you give us with updates is cherished, but please just be Lauren! you wear enough hats...

love...

Unknown said...

Greetings from CA!
It was nice catching up with Dennis & Margie and their recent visit with you. I hear Steven & Ellie are quite grown-up. Can't wait to see some pictures. Thanks for the fond memories of our visit to Alaska. That was two weddings and one grandson ago. Wow! Life can sure change fast. We haven't even been able to get our newsletter and Christmas card out for the last 2 years. Please forgive us.

Hugs!

The Beebe's

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.