Friday, February 6, 2009

For my friend

My dear friend (who I don't keep in touch with well enough) from medical school lives in Hawaii with her wonderful husband and son.  Last summer she got deployed.  We missed her when we went to Hawaii and saw the rest of her family (husband, son, mom, and Sue).  It was sad not having her there.

So my friend, your family is doing great.  Your husband is doing amazing managing things while you are away.  Having been in his shoes before and soon to be again, I don't know how he does it with everything going on.  Your families are incredible.  Your husband and son are thriving with their support, love, and presence.  It is wonderful that your son has such wonderful grandparents, aunts and uncles, and loved ones to be there for him in your absence.

You are an amazing woman.  I have to say you are one of the strongest women I know.  I am blessed to have you as a friend and role model.  Thank you for doing what you do!  Can't wait to see you on our next visit!  We're already planning a trip to Atlanta to see you!

Here are pictures from our trip.  My children enjoyed meeting your son and getting to know him.  Stephen keeps asking when we can go back to see him.
 
I know they are the same.  I just loved this picture 
and couldn't decide which one I liked the best. 
This captured him from what I could tell:
 water loving and full of sand with a huge smile on his face.
So happy to be playing on the beach!

Your boys!  What a great dad!
Stephen trying to save his new friend.  I think his friend is 
actually a better swimmer at 14 months than mine is at 37 months.

Buddies.  They are 1 month apart in age.  
He could easily squish her by sitting on her.

No comments:

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.